What is eBenefits?
eBenefits is a joint VA/DoD web portal that provides resources and self-service capabilities to Veterans, Service members, and their families to research, access and manage their VA and military benefits and personal information. It is an essential way for Veterans, Service members, and their families to receive access to and service from VA and DoD.
What can I do with eBenefits?
Some of the features within eBenefits allow Veterans and Service members to access official military personnel documents, view the status of their disability compensation claim, transfer entitlement of Post-9/11 GI Bill to eligible dependents (Service members only), and register for and update direct deposit information for certain benefits.
How do I access eBenefits?
eBenefits is located at www.ebenefits.va.gov. Before Veterans can access and use eBenefits they must be listed in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) and obtain a DS Logon. Service members can access eBenefits with a DS Logon or Common Access Card (CAC). They can choose from two levels of registration, DS Logon Level 1 (Basic) and DS Logon Level 2 (Premium). Note: If Veterans attempt to register and are informed they have no DEERS record, VA will first need to verify their military service and add them to DEERS. Contact your VA Regional Offices to get help with this process.
How do I register for an eBenefits account?
You can register for an eBenefits account online using the eBenefits DS Logon Account Registration Wizard. There are two types of registration, Basic and Premium. You will be walked through a series of questions to assist you in obtaining a Premium eBenefits Account, which gives you the highest level of access to eBenefits features. With a Premium Account you can view personal data about yourself in VA and DoD systems, apply for benefits online, check the status of your claims, update your address records, and more. To get a Premium eBenefits Account, you must verify your identity.
- Apply for Veterans benefits online
- Check on your compensation or pension claims status
- Upload documents to support your compensation or pension claim
- Check Post-9/11 GI Bill enrollment status
- Use the VetSuccess employment search
- View DoD TRICARE health insurance
- Sign up for Veterans’ Group Life Insurance (VGLI) (Time limits apply)
- Search for and select an accredited representative or organization
- Order prescription medications
- Message your physician securely
- Access your medical information via Blue Button
- Utilize the military skills translator and résumé builder
- Order medical equipment such as hearing aid batteries and prosthetic socks
- Check on your appeal status
- Generate a VA home loan certificate of eligibility
- Obtain official military personnel documents such as DD Form 214
- Register for and update direct deposit information for certain benefits