Hope Manor Housing Developments provide a home for more than 200 Veterans and their families every day!
Volunteers of America launched “A Home for the Brave” in 2009 to increase awareness about and resources for the growing need for permanent and supportive housing resources for our nation’s Veterans. As part of the initiative, they created their Hope Manor continuum of housing developments, which provide high-quality housing with intensive and supportive services to Veterans who are struggling with or at-risk of homelessness.
They help provide housing opportunities for individual Veterans and Veterans with families, including:
- Assistance with locating safe and affordable housing
- Individual coaching and training on tenant rights and responsibilities
- Financial literacy and household budgeting
- Coaching on effective communication and being a good tenant/neighbor
- Housing inspections that promote safety and quality housing standards
Volunteers of America Illinois
47 West Polk Street, Suite 250-2
Chicago, IL 60605