Many restaurants and other businesses in Chicago offer free or discounted food and services this Friday November 11th for Veterans Day. Some deals are available for veterans only, while others are valid for both veterans and active military personnel. In addition, proof of military status requirements vary at each location, so be sure to click on the links below and review the details of each offer or call before making a special trip. Please call ahead to check that a location is participating before you head out for a deal!
Annual Soldier Field Veterans Day event
When: Friday, November 11, 2016, 11:00 am
Where: Soldier Field, Gate O, 1410 Museum Campus Dr. FREE parking is available at the Waldron Parking Deck; exit at 18th Street from Lake Shore Drive. Business attire or service dress uniform. Free.
Brookfield Zoo, 8400 W. 31st St., Brookfield, IL 60513, (708) 688-8000. On Veteran’s Day admission to the zoo is FREE for all guests (parking fees still apply).
Ceremony Honoring U.S. Veterans 11AM-2PM. To honor the men and women who have proudly served our nation, the Chicago Zoological Society invites the public to a special Veteran’s Day ceremony at Brookfield Zoo’s Discovery Center. Schedule of events.
Chicago History Museum, 1601 N Clark St., 312-642-4600Free museum admission for Veterans, active military and their families
Pritzker Military Museum & Library, 104 S. Michigan Ave., (312) 374-9347. Free to the public on Veteran’s Day.
Free food and drink
- Applebees: Veterans and military can choose from one of seven signature menu items for free on November 11, and receive a $5 off coupon to use Nov. 12-27, 2016.
- BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse: Free entrée under $12.95 for veterans and military and $5 BJ’s beers for everyone on Friday, November 11.
- Bob Evans: Veterans can choose from a selection of free breakfast, lunch or dinner menu items on November 11. Bob Evans is also offering a 10 percent discount to all veterans and active duty military from November 12 through December 31, 2016, for dine-in and carryout purchases.
- Bonefish Grill: Active and retired service members with valid military ID get free Bang Bang Shrimp on November 11.
- Calhoun’s: Veterans and active military receive a free meal at any Calhoun’s location with military ID November 11.
- California Pizza Kitchen: Complimentary entrée for current and past military from a special Veterans Day menu at participating California Pizza Kitchen restaurants on November 11.
- Cantina Laredo: complimentary entree veterans and active military.
- Chili’s: All US Veterans and Active Duty Personnel can enjoy a meal on us all day 11/11.
- Chipotle is giving a BOGO burrito, bowl, salad, or order of tacos on November 11 to all U.S. active-duty, reserve, retired, veteran, and National Guard service members and their spouses with military ID.
- Cracker Barrel: Veterans will receive a complimentary Double Chocolate Fudge Coca-Cola Cake dessert on November 11, and other guests can support Operation Homefront with a $5 donation that will be matched by the restaurant or with the purchase of a Cracker Barrel rocking chair.
- Denny’s: Active, inactive and retired military personnel can stop by for a free Build Your Own Grand Slam on Friday, Nov. 11, from 5 a.m. to noon.
- Friendly’s: Friendly’s is treating veterans and active military with a valid military ID or honorable discharge card to a free breakfast, lunch or dinner on Veterans Day, Friday, November 11.
- Green Mill Veterans and active-duty military eat free Friday, November 11. Restrictions apply.
- Golden Corral: Military Appreciation Day is November 14 this year. Active military and veterans get dinner on the house.
- Hamburger Stand: Free hamburger, regular fries, and a small Pepsi for veterans and active duty presenting military ID or wearing their uniforms on Veterans Day, November 11.
- Hickory Tavern: 50% off food and non-alcoholic beverages for veterans and active duty military on Friday, November 11.
- Hooters: All veterans and active duty military get a free entrée on November 11.
- Hurricane Grill and Wings: Veterans and active-duty military with military ID or uniform will receive a complimentary entrée and non-alcoholic beverage from a select menu on Veterans Day, November 11.
- IHOP: Free Red, White and Blue pancakes (glazed strawberries, blueberry compote and whipped cream) to veterans and active duty military on November 11, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Krystal: On Friday, November 11, all guests with their military ID may receive a complimentary breakfast Sausage Biscuit, dine-in or drive-through, at participating locations from opening until 11 am.
- Longhorn Steakhouse: Free appetizer or dessert on November 11 – no purchase required – for anyone showing proof of service, and 10% off for guests who dine with the service member.
- McCormick & Schmick’s: Free meal for veterans with proof of service Sunday, November 6.
- Mimi’s Cafe: With the purchase of any non-alcoholic beverage, veterans and active-duty military will choose a free breakfast, lunch, or dinner entrée from a special Veterans Day menu on November 11. On November 12 and 13, veterans and active duty pay only $5.99 for items on the special menu when they purchase any non-alcoholic beverage.
- Olive Garden: On November 11, veterans and active duty military get a free entrée from a special menu, along with salad and breadsticks. Family members dining with the veteran or military member get 10% off their meals too.
- On the Border: November 11, veterans and active duty military members get a free “Create Your Own Combo” meal, which features soup or salad, tacos, tostadas, enchiladas, and other options at participating locations.
- Ponderosa Steakhouse and Bonanza Steakhouse: will offer a free buffet to all active and retired military in the area on Veterans Day, Friday, November 11.
- Red Lobster: Veterans and active duty military members get a free appetizer or dessert November 10 and 11.
- Red Robin: Active military and veterans get a free Double Taver Burger along with Endless Steak Fries on November 11.
- Ruby Tuesday: Veterans, active military and reserve get a free appetizer November 11.
- Shoney’s: Free All-American Burger for veterans and active duty military on Friday, November 11 at participating restaurants while supplies last.
- Sizzler: Veterans and active military personnel receive a free lunch at participating locations on November 11 until 4 p.m.The meal includes choice of steak, chicken or shrimp entrée with beverage.
- III Forks: complimentary entree veterans and active military.
- Texas Roadhouse: Free lunch for active, retired and former military members on November 11. Choose from 10 entrées, and also receive a free iced tea, sweet tea, soft drink, or coffee.
- TGI Fridays: On Friday, November 11, guests who show their military ID will be treated to a free lunch menu item up to $12 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. local time.
- Twin Peaks FREE menu item for current and former military members with valid ID from the Veterans Day Appreciation Menu.
- Wienerschnitzel: Complimentary Chili Dog, small fries and 20 oz. drink is redeemable at participating Wienerschnitzel locations on Friday, November 11 only, with valid military ID or by wearing a military uniform.
- Village Inn: Show proof of military service and receive a free INN-credible V.I.B breakfast on November 11.