Helping provide housing opportunities for individual Veterans and Veterans with families
Volunteers of America launched “A Home for the Brave” in 2009 to increase awareness about and resources for the growing need for permanent and supportive housing resources for our nation’s Veterans. As part of the initiative, we created our Hope Manor continuum of housing developments, which provide high-quality housing with intensive and supportive services to Veterans who are struggling with or at-risk of homelessness.
VOA helps provide housing opportunities for individual Veterans and Veterans with families, including:
- Assistance with locating safe and affordable housing
- Individual coaching and training on tenant rights and responsibilities
- Financial literacy and household budgeting
- Coaching on effective communication and being a good tenant/neighbor
- Housing inspections that promote safety and quality housing standards